2021 Phil Tochelli Junior High Championship Meet
Sponsored by the LIAA
Sharkey Rosetti Complex, Western Wayne High School Coaches Meeting – 3:30PM
Friday, May 7, 2021 Start time: 4 P.M.
Scoring: • Top six (6) in each class (2A and 3A) will be scored (8-6-4-3-2-1)
Awards: • Team Plaques awarded to top Boys & Girls AA & AAA teams
- Medals awarded to 2A and 3A top three finishers in all events
Schedule: TRACK EVENTS (4PM Start) FIELD EVENTS (*Approximate Start Times)
100 Hurdles: Trials 4:00 Long Jump – Girls
110 Hurdles: Trials 4:00 Discus – Girls
100M Dash: Trials 4:00 High Jump – Boys
4×800 Relay 5:00 Long Jump – Boys
110 Hurdles: AA Finals 5:00 Discus – Boys
110 Hurdles: AAA Finals 6:00 Shot Put – Girls
100 Hurdles: AA Finals 6:00 Triple Jump – Girls
100 Hurdles: AAA Finals 6:00 High Jump -Girls
100M Dash: AA Finals 7:00 Shot Put – Boys
100M Dash: AAA Finals 7:00 Triple Jump – Boys
Seeding: • Entries made through MileSplit – pa.milesplit.com
- Entries due by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- Performance Sheets emailed to ADs on Thursday, May 6, 2021
Entries: • Track events will be limited to 30 runners. Field events will be limited to 24 athletes.
⚬ Each school may submit 2 athletes per event.
- The top-seeded athlete from each school is guaranteed.
- All remaining spots will be filled by the best qualifiers from the remaining pool of participants submitted.
The standards listed below will not be utilized for automatic entry for the 2021 meet.
|GIRLS’ STANDARDS||BOYS’ STANDARDS|
|4×800||1 per school||4×800||1 per school|
|4×100||1 per school||4×100||1 per school|
|4×400||1 per school||4×400||1 per school|
|Long Jump||14’6”||Long Jump||17’6”|
|Triple Jump||30’6”||Triple Jump||36’0”|
|High Jump||4’4” (Start – 4’2”)||High Jump||5’0” (Start – 4’10”)|
|Shot Put||28’6”||Shot Put||36’0”|
- This is a “No Scratch / No Addition” meet.
- Athletes may be scratched prior to the meet at the scratch meeting.
- Any scratches during the meet will cause the athlete ineligible to compete in all remaining events.
- Athletes scratching from a field event will do so at the event site.
- No additions to the meet will be added after the deadline.
- No additions or substitutions can be made to events at scratch meeting or day of meet.
- Qualifying can come from LIAA meets or F.A.T.-timed meets. (times will need to be verified if questioned)
- There will be no 3200-meter run, Javelin, or Pole Vault events.
- Athletes are to stay in the designated “team camp” area when not in an event being run or in an immediate upcoming event. The grandstands will be for parents/spectators only.
- Athletes must listen for CALL to events. Events will not be held up for “late” athletes.
- On the track, Girls’ events will be run first, followed by the Boys’ events.
- The only exceptions will be Finals for the 110H, 100H, Boys,’ & Girls’ 100 Finals.
- Field events will be separated by class; 2A first, followed by 3A.
Joby Fawcett has covered high school sports — including football, girls and boys volleyball, girls and boys tennis, girls and boys swimming, boys basketball, girls and boys track and field, and girls and boys lacrosse — for 22 years. The High School Sports Blog offers deeper insights plus statistical and historical information for fans and features photos, videos and graphics along with Top 5 polls for tennis and volleyball. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 570-348-9100 x5367; @sportsTT