This weekend’s weather will be beautiful. Take advantage of the warm temperatures and spend time outside. Between picking apples and painting pumpkins, my family may even try to visit one of the region’s splash pads. Here are my picks for weekend family fun:
- Visit a pumpkin patch or apple orchard. Check out the list here.
- Paint a pumpkin and “touch a truck” at the Newton Recreation Center fall festival, scheduled from 10 a.m to 3 p.m on Saturday.
- Explore heavy equipment at Stone Hedge Golf Club on Saturday at 11 a.m. Enjoy lunch and let your kids climb on the heavy equipment.
- Enjoy food, entertainment and kids activities at the Eynon Archbald Lions Harvest Fest, Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Head to Tunkhannock on Saturday for the touch-a-truck at LazyBrook Park.
- Celebrate unicorns Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Valley Community Library. Registration is required for Unicorn Day.
Looking for more events? Check out Access NEPA’s event calendar here.
Sarah balances life as a reporter for The Times-Tribune and as the mom of two little girls. A graduate of Ithaca College, Sarah started covering education in 2006. She has received awards for her reporting from the Society of Professional Journalists, Pennsylvania Newsmedia Association, Inland Press Association and Pennsylvania Women’s Press Association. She lives in Clarks Summit with her husband, their daughters and their sweet pug, Sadie. Reach her at email@example.com, 570-348-9133 or @HofiusHallTT.