This weekend’s best bets for family fun include picking pumpkins, celebrating Harry Potter and enjoying Lebanese food. Here are my picks for this weekend.
- Enjoy fall fun during the opening weekend of Roba Family Farms. As an added bonus for this weekend, all first responders (military, fire, police, EMTs) and their immediate family receive free admission. All teachers and one guest will also receive free admission for opening weekend.
- Try a new food. Expose your children to some of the best Lebanese food in the area. Enjoy some kibbee, hummus and baklava at the Saint Ann Maronite Church’s 25th Lebanese Heritage Festival. The event is Saturday from 1 to 9 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 8 p.m. at the church, 1320 Price St. in West Scranton.
- Attend the St. Paul’s Parish Community Block Party. The event, which begins Friday, includes food and family-friendly activities.
- Make a wand and cast a spell at the Harry Potter Weekend at the Library Express in the Marketplace at Steamtown. The event, which is Saturday and Sunday, includes crafts and a movie marathon.
- Watch the butterflies fly away at the butterfly release event at Creekside Gardens in Tunkhannock from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Releases will be held at both noon and 3 p.m. The event includes food, entertainment and chances to learn about the life cycle of the butterfly.
Looking for more events? Check out the Access NEPA event calendar.
Sarah balances life as a reporter for The Times-Tribune and as the mom of two little girls. A graduate of Ithaca College, Sarah started covering education in 2006. She has received awards for her reporting from the Society of Professional Journalists, Pennsylvania Newsmedia Association, Inland Press Association and Pennsylvania Women’s Press Association. She lives in Clarks Summit with her husband, their daughters and their sweet pug, Sadie. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org, 570-348-9133 or @HofiusHallTT.