The weather looks like it could be unseasonably warm for this weekend, so it will be a great time to get some fresh air. If the rain holds off, you may find me at a playground with my kids. Or we may take advantage of one of these indoor activities.
Here are my picks for family-fun this weekend:
- See a show. Tri Cities Opera-Go-Round will present “Pinocchio!” on Saturday at 11 a.m. at the Scranton Cultural Center. “This imaginative version of the classic story by Carlo Collodi provides a perfect introduction to opera for little listeners,” according to the center. A Wiggles & Giggles Craft Workshop brings at 10 a.m. Cost is $5 for the show or $9 for the show and workshop.
- Learn about bugs at the library. The Second Sunday with Friends Events Series presents the Myth and Magic of Insects with Ryan the Bug Man! on Sunday at 2 p.m. in the Lackawanna County Children’s Library. The audience will have an opportunity to hold the bugs and ask questions.
- Watch the story of Aladdin through dance. Arabesque Academy of Dancing will have more than 100 dancers perform the story on Sunday at 2 p.m. at Lackawanna College. Tickets are $15-$18.
- Get crafty with your kids. Little Crafting Studio in Dunmore is hosting Frosty Slimapalooza on Saturday and Willow’s Sunshine Boutique will host a Sip and Bow party on Sunday at Bellissimo Children’s Salon in Dunmore. Sounds like fun!
- The Pennsylvania Farm Show runs through Saturday in Harrisburg. Check out my guide here.
Looking for more? Check out the event calendar at Access NEPA.
Sarah balances life as a reporter for The Times-Tribune and as the mom of two little girls. A graduate of Ithaca College, Sarah started covering education in 2006. She has received awards for her reporting from the Society of Professional Journalists, Pennsylvania Newsmedia Association, Inland Press Association and Pennsylvania Women’s Press Association. She lives in Clarks Summit with her husband, their daughters and their sweet pug, Sadie. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org, 570-348-9133 or @HofiusHallTT.