1. Consistency getting into the gym
- 5 to 7 days of the week is considered consistent
2. Eating decent (not perfect)
- Aim to address 1 bad habit each month
- Personal Challenge
- Print out a blank calendar and write your new habit goal on top
- Give yourself a check each day you stay true to your goal
- Assess your consistency at the end of the month
- Continue to improve this habit
- Aim to build new lifestyle patterns
- Repeat with other lacking health/fitness habits.
3. Preventing injury
- If you are not sure what you are doing please ask someone for help. It is important to stay conscious of the source of your advice
- Some questions to ask a “Personal Trainer” or “Health Coach”
- Individual’s background and experience in the industry
- Is this individual working in health and fitness as a profession (what you want) or as a side-gig?
- How do they envision you reaching your goals (extreme answers are nearly never the answer)
Kelcie Hromisin and Matthew Dantone, dedicated fitness experts and personal trainers at Danko’s Gym in Plains Twp., are determined to help make NEPA residents healthier and more fit. Their Live Fit blog updates each Wednesday. If you have a question, reach out to them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and your question may be featured in an upcoming blog post. Live Fit, NEPA.