BY ERIC MARK
More than 175 singers and musicians are coming to Wilkes-Barre this week for a summer choir training course offered by the Royal School of Church Music America.
They will stay at King’s College and perform at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church on South Franklin Street throughout the week-long course, according to Canon Mark Laubach, of St. Stephen’s.
“It’s a great gathering of people for a whole week,” said Laubach, one of the organists who will perform with the choir.
The participants will range in age from about 10 to 80 and will perform choral masses each evening at St. Stephen’s. They include evensong, or musical evening prayers, and compline, or musical night prayers. The performances are open to the public, Laubach said.
For more information, see: rscmamerica.org.
Contact the writer: email@example.com; 570-821-2117
Performance schedule for the Summer Choir Training Course:
- Tuesday: 5:30 p.m. Choral Evensong; 9:00 p.m. Compline
- Wednesday: 5:30 p.m. Choral Evensong; 9:00 p.m. Compline
- Thursday: 7:30 p.m. faculty recital; 8:30 p.m. Compline
- Friday: 5:30 p.m. Choral Evensong
- Saturday: 9 p.m. Compline
- Sunday: 10:30 a.m. Choral Eucharist; 3 p.m. Choral Evensong
Spoken Holy Eucharist will be celebrated daily at the Chapel of King’s College at 7:30 a.m. (8 a.m. on Saturday), to which all are welcome.