BY COLLEEN MCALEER
Lackawanna Trail sophomore Tyler Rozanski rushed for 93 yards and two scores on six carries in Friday night’s District I/II Football A Subregional. The win advances the Lions to the first round of the PIAA tournament. In recognition of his achievement, Rozanski has been named the Wyoming County Press Examiner Athlete of the Week.
- Grade, age, hometown: Sophomore, 16, Dalton
- Family: Dad Robert, mom Karen, sister Kodi (25)
- Positions: Running back and cornerback
- Favorite school subject: Math with Mrs. Bentley
- Favorite Movie: “Avengers: Age of Ultron”
- Favorite Sports Movie: “My All American”
- Favorite Social Media App: Snapchat
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Pets: Two dogs, Marley and Murdock
- Athletes you admire: Sony Michel
- Three people you’d like to have dinner with, dead or alive: My Pops, Elvis Presley, and Tom Brady
- Superstitions or Rituals: Before some big games, I like to sit by myself and channel the energy.
- Post-graduation plans: Not sure yet
- Random fun fact about you: I can do a bunch of flips in a row, my most is four or five.
Q: What other sports do you play?
A: I wrestle at 175, I play defense for Wyoming Area in ice hockey and I do sprints in track.
Q: What are three reasons why you compete?
A: I compete because I love the game, competition is in my blood, and I like to show myself to the world.
Q: Who inspires you to be better?
A: My parents because my mom always gives me great advice and my dad helps me through the tough times when I need it.
Q: What is the best place for post-game food?
A: Pump N Pantry in Nicholson
Q: What would be your team anthem?
A: “Boys of Fall” by Kenny Chesney
Q: When did you start playing football competitively?
A: Eighth grade, junior Lions
Q: Favorite field to compete on and why?
A: Our home field, because of the community.
Q: What is your favorite football memory?
A: The game last Friday night against Morrisville, it was one of my biggest games.
Q: Number and reason?
A: No. 27 because it is one of my lucky numbers.
Q: What is your dream job?
Something in sports management, like a physical therapist or a lifting coach
Q: What is the coolest place you have traveled to?
Q: Who are your closest teammates?
A: Owen Lisk, RJ Schrig, and Cole Choplosky
Q: How would you describe Coach Jervis in one word?
Q: How would he describe you?
Q: What sports quote or motto do you try to live by?
A: “Winners don’t quit and quitters don’t win”
Q: What skill would you like to master?
A: To be able to ride a unicycle
Q: What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
A: To achieve greatness