We have rounded up restaurants in the area that offer DIY Meal Kits. Some kits include cookies and baked goods that children can decorate at home or pizza kits that families can make together for a meal. Bored at home or need an activity to do with kids? Take a look at what kits Northeast Pennsylvania has to offer.
- Peculiar Slurp, 307 Penn Ave., Scranton, offers a ramen meal kit with ingredients and directions. $10 each or $8 for four or more portions. Details: 570-800-1900.
- Electric City Bakehouse, 314 Penn Ave., Scranton, cupcake decorating kits include disposable star tip filled with ECBH buttercream, and lesson for how to make hydrangea and rosette cupcakes. $12 per set!. Curbside pickup or free local delivery available. Call to order, 570-909-7268.
- Armetta’s Restaurant & Pizzeria, 329 Northern Blvd., Chinchilla, pizza kit includes dough, cheese and sauce. $9.95 and are available for takeout or delivery. Call ahead to order.
- Sacco’s Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant, 208 Meadow Ave., Scranton, includes two personal size dough balls, cheese and sauce. $9.95 for one kit. Call ahead to order, 570-342-2500.
- Cangiano’s, 235 Scranton-Carbondale Highway, Scranton, offers meat options for dinner. Chicken breast and thighs, $2.99 per pound, chicken tenderloin, $3.49 per pound, Sirloin steak, $6.99 per pound and N.Y. strip steak $9.99 per pound, Grab-and-go dinners are $10.95. Call to order: 570-507-7122
- Pour Coffee House, 53 N. Main St., Wilkes-Barre offers a unique quarantine coffee kit. The coffee kit includes one box of La Colombe coffee, two La Colombe Draft Latte cans, two cookies by simply delicious, three pour signature energy bites, 1 bag of Fuller’s Non Pareils and a coupon for a free coffee. Kit is $30 with upgrades available at an additional charge. Delivery available for most locations in Luzerne County. For details: Message the Pour House on Facebook or Instagram or call 570-574-9062.
- The Canning House, 900 Rutter Ave., Forty Fort, is offering cookie kits. The cookie kit includes 2 Giant Egg Cookies two Small Egg Cookies, two rainbow cookies, two unicorn cookies, icing, cotton candy, Oreo crumbles, sprinkles, four colored sugar dusts and piping bag. Add kit to any order for $15 per box. Kits are available for free delivery and carry out. Call to order, 570-763-5043. Also available for pick up at Powerhouse Eatery by calling 570-443-4480. They also offer a French Toast Kit and a butcher box with a couple of different options. For more information, visit https://thecanning.com/ or call 570-763-5043.
View this post on Instagram
????Cookie Boxes are Now Available ????! A timelessly fun family activity…decorating cookies! After your delicious dinner from Powerhouse Eatery or The Canning House, have a fun dessert! Our house made sugar cookies, icing and cotton candy are sure to keep everyone creative and entertained! What’s in the box? 2 Giant Egg Cookies 2 Small Egg Cookies 2 Rainbow Cookies 2 Unicorn Cookies Icing Cotton Candy Oreo Crumbles Sprinkles 4 Colored Sugar Dusts 1 Piping Bag Add to any order for $15 per box-available for Free Delivery & Carry Out! Give us a call! The Canning House 570-763-5043 @powerhouseeatery 570-443-4480
- Armetta’s Pizzeria & Pub, 2092 State Route 848, New Milford, pizza kit includes dough, sauce, cheese and instructions. Takeout or curbside pickup available.
- Cocoon Coffeehouse & Bakery, 8 Silk Mill Drive, Hawley, offers a Easter and Spring themed cookie kits. Kits include 12 cookies, 5 bags of icing and sprinkles and are $25. To order: 570-226-6130.
Laura Rysz is the features copy editor and calendar editor at The Times-Tribune and runs the Talk of the Times column, which focuses on local fundraisers and other events. She also writes Chef’s Table that profiles restaurants around the region. Additionally, Laura curates events online on AccessNEPA.com. Laura is involved in the special Mother’s Day edition and curates occasional features Marry Memories and Times Travelers. She is a graduate of Haddonfield Memorial High School, New Jersey, and earned an English professional writing degree with a minor in mass communications from King’s College, Wilkes-Barre. She also earned a certificate in Social Media Marketing from Rutgers Business School. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 570-348-9100 x5228.