BY JIM LOCKWOOD
The Santa Train is coming to town — actually six towns — on Saturday, Dec. 7.
“Meet Santa as he visits your town,” posters promoting the popular, annual attraction say.
A project of the Lackawanna Heritage Valley National and State Heritage Area and numerous sponsors, the “Christmas in a Small Town” celebrations will have Santa Train stops and times along the former route of the Delaware & Hudson Railroad as follows:
- Carbondale: 10:30 a.m., train station, River Street.
- Archbald: 11:35 a.m., train station, Pike Street.
- Jessup: 12:20 p.m., train station, Church Street.
- Olyphant: 1 p.m., Queen City train station, Lackawanna Avenue.
- Dickson City: 1:45 p.m., train station, Boulevard Avenue.
- Scranton: 3 p.m., Steamtown National Historic Site, Cliff Street.
Children are encouraged to bring an unwrapped toy to donate to the Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots collection program.