I’ve had a crazy few weeks of covering asbestos in the Scranton School District, so I’m happy to be back and sharing some ideas for family fun for this weekend. I know that I’ll be getting out of the house this weekend and having some fun with my kids. Here are some ideas for you.
- Check out the Clarks Summit Festival of Ice, which starts tonight (Friday) with an ice parade and family activities, and runs through Sunday. This year’s them, “ICEtendo,” will surely be fun for kids. Check out the schedule of events here.
- The Scranton Cultural Center will present “Aesop’s Fables” as part of its children’s theater series on Saturday at 11 a.m. A craft workshop begins at 10 a.m. Tickets are $5.
- Make slime at the North Pocono Library’s STEM Saturday at 11 a.m. Registration is required.
- Speaking of slime… Nearme Yoga in Moosic hosts a kids slime camp on Monday. Registration is $25.
- Monster Jam comes back to the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza this weekend. Tickets are still available.
- Check out the fireworks and torch light parade on Saturday just after dusk at Montage Mountain. Grab something warm to drink and watch from outside or in the lodge.
Looking for more? Check out the event calendar at Access NEPA.
Sarah balances life as a reporter for The Times-Tribune and as the mom of two little girls. A graduate of Ithaca College, Sarah started covering education in 2006. She has received awards for her reporting from the Society of Professional Journalists, Pennsylvania Newsmedia Association, Inland Press Association and Pennsylvania Women’s Press Association. She lives in Clarks Summit with her husband, their daughters and their sweet pug, Sadie. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org, 570-348-9133 or @HofiusHallTT.