Tired of hearing things not to do with your health? Here are a few simple strategies to DO to accelerate your weight loss:
1. Strength train 4-6X per week. Push yourself safely! Get a “skeletal/muscular physical” from your doctor, first.
2. Try an intermittent fast. Choose to fast either through the morning or through the early evening, whichever best fits your life. Want to learn more? Just do a quick Google search!
3. Set other fitness goals in conjunction with weight loss. This strategy will help keep you motivated and excited about coming to the gym to get stronger rather than dreading a challenging workout
4. Prioritize your sleep. Sleep well!
5. Move more. Three times per week in the gym is not enough. Try adding a daily step goal of 10,000 steps (or more) in addition to your workouts.
Kelcie Hromisin and Matthew Dantone, dedicated fitness experts and personal trainers at Danko’s Gym in Plains Twp., are determined to help make NEPA residents healthier and more fit. Their Live Fit blog updates each Wednesday. If you have a question, reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, and your question may be featured in an upcoming blog post. Live Fit, NEPA.