Live music has returned to Scranton’s Nay Aug Park.
The free concerts take place on the Showmobile, set up just past the pool complex. Shows take place on Sundays into October:
- May 30: Act to be announced, 2 p.m.; Tony Vergnetti Trio, 5 p.m.
- June 6: Luongo Brothers, 1 p.m.; Wannabees, 5 p.m.
- June 13: Flaxy Morgan, 1 p.m.; Group du Jour, 5 p.m.
- June 27: Gene Dempsey Orchestra, 2 p.m.; Fortunes, 5 p.m.
- July 4: Independence Day Celebration with the Ringgold Pops Orchestra, 10:30 a.m.
- July 11: Clarence Spady Blues Band, 1 p.m.; Phyllis Hopkins Electric Trio, 5 p.m.
- July 18: Electric City Dixieland Band, 2 p.m.; Secret Reasons, 5 p.m.
- July 25: Tom Hamilton Jazztet, 2 p.m.; Mark Montella with Erin Malloy & Friends, 5 p.m.
- Aug. 1: Ferdie Bistocchi Memorial Orchestra, 2 p.m.; Jim Cullen with Jack Bordo & Sharon Ambrozia, 5 p.m.
- Aug. 8: Kali Ma and the Garland of Arms, 1 p.m.; Ruckzuck, 5 p.m.
- Aug. 15: The Wannabees, 1 p.m.; Group du Jour, 5 p.m.
- Aug. 22: Luongo Brothers, 1 p.m.; Clarence Spady Blues Band, 5 p.m.
- Aug. 29: Phyllis Hopkins Electric, Trio 5 p.m.
- Sept. 5: Act to be announced, 2 p.m.; Bill & Donna Arnold, 5 p.m.
- Sept. 12: Act to be announced, 2 p.m.; Bog Swing Group, 5 p.m.
- Sept. 19: Flaxy Morgan, 1 p.m.; Jacob Cole Trio, 5 p.m.
- Sept. 26: West 3rd Street Band, 2 p.m.; Rixner Trio, 5 p.m.
- Oct. 3: Seacabo, 2 p.m.
- Oct. 10: Picture Perfect, 1 p.m.
No concert will take place on Father’s Day (June 20), when the park traditionally hosts a Villa Capri Cruisers car show. There also will only be one show on Aug. 29 because a car show will take place that day until 3 p.m.
The concert announcement noted that the Memorial Day program featuring the Ron Leas Big Band will take place at Veterans Memorial Park next to Scranton High School instead of Nay Aug Park.
For more information, call 570-561-7584 or 570-983-6485.
Caitlin Heaney West is the content editor for Access NEPA and oversees the Early Access blog in addition to working as a copy editor and staff writer for The Times-Tribune. An award-winning journalist, she is a summa cum laude graduate of Shippensburg University and also earned a master’s degree from Marywood University. Caitlin joined the Times-Shamrock family in 2009 and lives in Scranton. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 570-348-9100 x5107; or @cheaneywest