First Friday will take place July 2 from 6 to 9 p.m. in downtown Scranton.
Check with individual venues for changes before you go. Visit firstfridayscranton.com for details.
Here’s what’s planned:
- 150th anniversary celebration of St. Luke’s building, with music by Doug Smith & Co., St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 232 Wyoming Ave.
- “Ambient Landscapes,” works by Phil Engsberg, with music by Jack Goddard, Adezzo, 515 Center St.
- Applications for Early Head Start, with live music, presented by Outreach — Center for Community Resources, Lackawanna County Courthouse Square.
- Crafts by Iryna, Crocus Cafe, 323 N. Washington Ave.
- “Defying Expectations,” works by Travis Prince, with music by Vinz, Analog Culture, 204 N. Washington Ave.
- The Dream Mural dedication, work by Eric Bussart and Emmanuel Wisdom, Adams Avenue and Mulberry Street.
- “Garden of Her: Grounded in Growth,” works by H.W. Yorkonis, Bar Pazzo, 201 N. Washington Ave.
- ”History in Prints,” works by Christopher Derek, Connell Building, 125 N. Washington Ave.
- Lackawanna Markets vendor village, with live music, Lackawanna County Courthouse Square
- “Loyalty,” works by Aimee Dilger, Loyalty Barbershop and Shave Parlor of Scranton, 342 Adams Ave.
- “Other Side,” works by Jeff Kuratnick, AFA Gallery, 101 Penn Ave.
- Neo-expressionism and post-modern mixed media, work by Courtney Allison Close Jr., the Bog, 203 N. Washington Ave.
- “Paint on Glass,” works by Sam Kuchwara, Noteology, 401 Spruce St.
- “Unafraid,” works by by Emmanual Wisdom; illustrations by Eric Bussart; and music by John Meza, the Workshop, 205 N. Washington Ave.
Caitlin Heaney West is the content editor for Access NEPA and oversees the Early Access blog in addition to working as a copy editor and staff writer for The Times-Tribune. An award-winning journalist, she is a summa cum laude graduate of Shippensburg University and also earned a master’s degree from Marywood University. Caitlin joined the Times-Shamrock family in 2009 and lives in Scranton. Contact: email@example.com; 570-348-9100 x5107; or @cheaneywest