Has Prime Day become the new Black Friday?
For those that don’t know, Amazon Prime Day is the big two-day event where Amazon Prime members can get savings and discounts on selected items. This year it falls on Oct. 13 and 14.
This year, other big-name retailers like Walmart and Target have announced sales to coincide with Prime Day. In some cases, those sales are extended through October. And some retailers, like Best Buy, are officially declaring these sales their “Black Friday,” suggesting that the holiday shopping season might start a lot earlier this year.
Here’s a look at the bargains some retailers are offering:
Academy Sports + Outdoors
Academy Sports + Outdoors is having a fall sale on its cold weather items from Oct. 11 to Oct. 17, according to retailmenot.com. Deals include $20 off select Columbia outwear and other brands like Under Armour and Adidas and they have a Nike fleece starting at $45, according to retailmenot.com
Bass Pro Shops
The retailer is holding an outdoor essential sale from Oct. 8-21. Bass Pro says that customers can save up to 45% off items.
- Save up to $150 on a Garmin GPS
- Save up to $65 on hunting and rubber boots for men and women
Best Buy will be holding a sale on Oct. 13 and 14.
- Samsung 70-inch Class 4K Smart TV for only $529.99 (Save $220)
- Laptops starting at $119.99
- JBL Free True Wireless headphones only $69.99 (Save $80)
- Best Buy is offering contactless curbside pickup, store pickup, same-day and next-day delivery options.
Big Lots (in-store)
The retailer is holding its anniversary sale from Oct. 8 to Oct. 17.
- Save up to $100 on all sofas, loveseats and sectionals
- Redding Sofa – $299
- Parkdale sectional – $1,099.99
BJ’s Wholesale Club
The retailer has announced an early Black Friday event that will coincide with Amazon Prime Day. The “Beyond Amazing Savings Event” for BJ’s members will be held Oct. 13 and 14. And BJ’s will then hold a second sale a week later — the “Beyond Amazing Savings Event Encore”, which will run Oct. 20-21.
“The holiday season is going to look different this year, so we’ve made saving seamless with earlier-than-ever deals and more ways to shop,” said Molly Cox, senior vice president, general merchandise in a press release.
The retailer is holding a members-only sale from Sept. 25 to Oct. 25.
- LG 75\u2033 Class – UN8570 Series – 4K UHD LED LCD TV – $849.99
- Sony 65\u2033 Class – X90CH Series – 4K UHD LED LCD TV – $969.99
- New Apple iMac 27\u2033 – 10th Gen Intel Core i5 – 8GB Memory – 256GB SSD – $1649.99
Harbor Freight Tools
The retailer this month is having a sale. Coupons for the sale can be downloaded from the Harbor Freight website.
- Coverpro 10 X 17 portable garage – $169.99
- $20 off any Atlas 80v Outdoor Tools
- Bauer 8.5 Amp Corded \u00bd in. heavy duty extreme torque impact wrench – $79.99
Home Depot is having a fall savings sale on appliances from Oct. 1-21.
- Up to 35% off of refrigerators
- Up to 30% off washers and dryers
- Up to 35% off dishwashers
Kohl’s is offering 15% off all purchases during its sale from Oct. 9-18, where it will have some special “Daily Wow” deals. Shoppers and Kohl’s Card holders could receive even more discounts, according to retailmenot.com.
Newegg is holding its Gametober sale running for the entire month of October and includes gaming laptops, components, video games, keyboards and much more, according to retailmenot.com. The website says the sale features up to 65% off all gaming essentials.
Target is having a “Deal Days” sale on Tuesday and Wednesday. Target will have hundreds of online deals. Most deals will be available through Target’s contactless Drive Up and Order Pickup. Select deals will be able to be delivered the same day with Shipt, according to Newsweek.
Walmart’s Big Save Event started online at 7 p.m. Oct. 11 and lasts until the end of the day on Oct. 15. Customers will find low prices on items from Walmart and its Marketplace sellers in electronics, home, toys, beauty, fashion and more, according to blackfriday.com.
Three of the big deals, according to blackfriday.com include:
- JVC’s 55-inch 4K HDR Roku Smart LED TV will be on sale for $248.
- The Nintendo Switch Super Mario Party video game will be on sale for $39.99.
- The Roku Ultra LT Streaming Media Player will be on sale for $69.
These retailers are holding seasonal sales without a noted timeframe:
- JCPenney: Women’s new fall fashion – up to 40%
- Macy’s: 20 to 50 % off
- Soft Surroundings: 40% off all sales items
— Daniel Urie/PennLive/Tribune News Service