Rockin’ the River is out. Rockin’ the County is in.
A series of parade-style concerts on a flatbed truck driving slowly along neighborhood streets will replace the riverfront concert series Luzerne County introduced last year, and had to cancel this year because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Rockin’ the County series will feature local bands that will play from 6 p.m. till 7:30 p.m. for five Fridays from July 10 through Aug. 7.
The slow-moving concerts will pass through neighborhoods of the county’s cities and the West Side. That will allow residents to enjoy the concerts on front porches and lawns, while maintaining proper distancing, county Manager David Pedri said at a noon press conference announcing the event.
The schedule for the concert series:
- July 10: Wilkes-Barre, Dustin Douglas and the Electric Gentlemen.
- July 17: Hazleton, Indigo Moon Brass Band.
- July 24: Pittston, The Mule Team.
- July 31: Nanticoke, The Music of Woodstock with The Husty Brothers and Ellie Rose.
- Aug. 7: Kingston/ Forty Fort, Joe Nardone’s Rockology Americans.