The annual Pioneer Nights event will be held Wednesday through Saturday, Aug. 14-17, in downtown Carbondale. Here’s a look at what’s happening and when.
Wednesday through Friday: Select vendors will be open for lunch; Pioneer Nights will be open 5 to 11 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. to midnight
- Wednesday, Aug. 14: The Wanabees, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 15: Mace in Dickson, 7 p.m.; Red Dragon Karate Fire Show, 9 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 16: Lynnette’s Twirlerettes, 6 p.m.: Chris Mullineaux & Space Machine, 7 p.m.; fireworks, 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 17: Parade, 6 p.m.; Blue London, 8 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 15
- Full moon rooftop yoga: 7:30 p.m., the Anthracite Center, 41 N. Main St. Call 570-536-6546 for more information.
Saturday, Aug. 17
- Antiques in the Park: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Memorial Park; 30-plus art and antique dealers; antique appraisals from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Carriage rides: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: .
- Book and bake sale: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Carbondale Public Library, 5 N. Main St. (includes basket raffles).
- Scavenger hunt: 11 a.m., Greater Carbondale Chamber of Commerce, 27 N. Main St.; features a puzzle of downtown Carbondale.
- Community yard sale: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., the Anthracite Center; call 570-281-6502 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Train from Steamtown National Historic Site arrival: 11:30 a.m.; train departs at 2:30 p.m. Call 570-282-4281.
- Parade: 6 p.m.