Mohegan Sun Pocono is bringing back its popular Party on the Patio outdoor concert series.
The casino-resort at 1280 Route 315, Plains Twp., will kick off the Thursday night series June 3 with Black Dog, a Led Zeppelin tribute. The rest of the series includes:
- June 10: Best of the Eagles, a tribute to the Eagles
- June 17: Back in Black, a tribute to AC/DC
- June 24: Head Games, a tribute to Foreigner
- July 1: Badfish, a tribute to Sublime
- July 8: Almost Queen, a tribute to Queen, with special guest Philadelphia Freedom, a tribute to Elton John
- July 15: The Great Escape, a tribute to Journey
- July 22: 7800 Fahrenheit, a tribute to Bon Jovi
- July 29: The Landsharks, a tribute to Jimmy Buffet
- Aug. 5: Draw the Line, a tribute to Aerosmith
- Aug. 12: Refugee, a tribute to Tom Petty
- Aug. 19: Stayin’ Alive, a tribute to the Bee Gees
- Aug. 29: A Proud Monkey, a tribute to Dave Matthews Band
- Aug. 2: Tusk, a tribute to Fleetwood Mac
There is no cover charge for the concerts, but guests must be 21 or older and have a valid ID to enter. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and the music follows at 7:30.
Guests can grab a bite to eat from local food trucks or Tony Luke’s, which serves classic Philly cheesesteaks and chicken cheesesteaks. Beers, spirits and mixed drinks also will be available.
Mohegan Sun Pocono canceled last year’s Party on the Patio series because of the pandemic. This year’s concerts “will adhere to state, local and CDC guidelines, including operating at reduced capacity and enforcing social distancing,” the venue explained in an announcement.
“Masks will be required at all times except while eating or drinking,” it added. “Entry may be denied due to capacity limits and/or failure to adhere to health and safety standards, which are subject to change.”
For more information, visit mohegansunpocono.com.
Caitlin Heaney West is the content editor for Access NEPA and oversees the Early Access blog in addition to working as a copy editor and staff writer for The Times-Tribune. An award-winning journalist, she is a summa cum laude graduate of Shippensburg University and also earned a master’s degree from Marywood University. Caitlin joined the Times-Shamrock family in 2009 and lives in Scranton. Contact: email@example.com; 570-348-9100 x5107; or @cheaneywest