The Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science and Art, 1901 Mulberry St., Scranton, is holding a contest for an all-inclusive pop-up wedding.
For “Everhart in Love,” the museum has partnered with people and groups from across the community for the endeavor, which will see the winning couple marry there on Saturday, Feb. 29, at 5 p.m. The package includes not only the venue but also the attire, decor, photographer, food, officiant and favors and accommodates the winning couple and 33 guests.
Those interested in winning must already be engaged; have to like the social media pages of the businesses involved; must be able to get a marriage license by Saturday, Feb. 15; must sign contract to marry on that date and time; and cannot have standing contracts with other vendors. The couple must also be “willing to wear and rock selected styles chosen by the design team” and be “looking for a unique black tie wedding experience.”
Applicants must send a picture of themselves and their love story to email@example.com. Submissions sent through social media will not be accepted. The winner will be announced Monday, February 3.
Here is the list of pages involved:
- Cake & Food Styling: @ElectricCityBakehouse
- Floral Designers: @MatternsFloral @MatternsBoutique
- Photography: @daniellecoonsphoto
- Rentals/China/Lounge/Styling: @ChippyWhiteTable and dinner chairs from @maggpierentals
- Art Direction/Styling/Wedding Favors: @valeriekiserdesign
- Bridal Attire: @vowfloralformal
- Mens Attire: @tuxedobysarno
- Glam Squad: Lavish Body&Home
- Venue: Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science & Art
- Catering: @av_restaurant_, @backyardalehouse, @BarPazzo, @jacksdrafthouse, @mansoursmarket, @peculiarslurp, @purplepepperdeli
- Wine Pour and Favor: Maiolatesi Wine Cellars
- Entertainment, Lighting and Photobooth: @570events
- Videography: @fonashstudios
- Calligraphy/Stationery/Graphics: @StoneFawxStudios and EunJin Newkirk @NewkirkHoney
- Engagement Illustration: @SeladorDesign
- Live Wedding Painting: @bonnieflahertyart
- Printing: @centercityprint
- Custom table layout CAD Plans: @KennyDixon
- Wedding Night Jacuzzi Suite: @radissonlackwanna
- Beer pouring: Wallenpaupack Brewing Co.
Caitlin Heaney West is the content editor for Access NEPA and oversees the Early Access blog in addition to working as a copy editor and staff writer for The Times-Tribune. An award-winning journalist, she is a summa cum laude graduate of Shippensburg University and also earned a master’s degree from Marywood University. Caitlin joined the Times-Shamrock family in 2009 and lives in Scranton. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 570-348-9100 x5107; or @cheaneywest