The non-profit organization, Equines for Freedom, is hosting its first annual gun raffle on Saturday, Sept. 26 from 3 to 8 p.m. at its location at 2150 Port Royal Road, Clarks Summit.
Doors open at 2 p.m. for tours and an open house at the EFF Arena. Gun raffle games, food, and drinks begin at 3 p.m. Tickets are $30 and include entrance, unlimited BBQ (catered by the Penalty Box BBQ), beer, wine, beverages, and an entry into the drawing to win the grand prize gun: Weatherby 300 Wby Mag Deluxe walnut stock, gloss finish.
Along with the chance to win the grand prize gun, there will be a “Pallet of Beer” raffle, sportsman’s basket raffle, 50/50 drawing, and at least 15 other guns available to win:
- Weatherby 300 mag Walnut stock
- Tikka 6.5 Creedmore synthetic stock
- Remington 1911 45 stainless Steel with wood grips
- Sig Sauer P938 9mm sub compact
- Mossberg Revier 243 Walnut Stock
- Winchester model 70 6.5 Creedmore walnut stock
- Winchester 30-06 Camo & Bronze W/Scope
- Black powder inline CVA muzzloader W/Scope 50cal and Black Powder navy colt Revolver 45cal
- Beretta APX combat 9mm
- Tri-Star over/under shotgun 12ga‘
- Mossberg Shotgun pump 3.5 magnum 12 ga Bronze
- Mossberg 300 win mag walnut stock W/scope
- Mossburg Patriot 308 laminated stock
- Mossberg Patriot 270 Walnut stock
- Savage Axis 2 synthetic stock W/scope 22-250
EFF’s sponsors include: Eagle Cleaners, Wilder Diamond Blades Inc., Highland Park Senior Living, Smith Rock Inc, The Sipe Agency, Jester Group, Blue Star Mothers, Guyette Family, Sylvia and Bob Tagert, Ann Lewis, Mike and Brenda Goodrich, Dave Bowman, and the Stizza Family. Croasdale Sporting Goods in Nicholson is providing all necessary background checks and issuing guns.
All proceeds go toward horse-assisted therapy, which veterans and first responders receive for free. EFF’s mission is to provide equine-assisted PTSD treatment to current and former U.S. service members and first responders, regardless of the source of trauma or their characterization of service, at no charge.
Pre-purchased tickets are just $30. For tickets and more information, go to equinesforfreedom.org or call 570-665-2483.